Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day of Reflection

As I finished my first day of Residency (May 9, 2011), I (like most everyone else in my group) had been left with equal feelings of excitement and nervousness about what exactly we were getting ourselves into.  Each professor I met genuinely spoke from their heart and calmed the nerves of each student.  The key word I picked up yesterday was "grace".  Now, I have spoken with many doctoral students, or "emerging doctors", as Dr. Carr referred to us, and never did they speak of grace during their respective first year.  That meant a great deal to me and others as we set there not knowing exactly what the future held.

Some individuals still were not sure if they had done the right thing in deciding to take such a large undertaking.  I have a calm that the Lord will be my guiding hand and this journey will be a great one.

1 comment: